IPC-A-610 Training Program for Instructors
The IPC-A-610 training program for instructors brings the flexibility for IPC PCB inspection training to your facility. Not only can pick and choose which modules or topic areas fit your business but you can be flexible as to when you this training can be accomplished at your business. This IPC training program allows you to also have a subject matter expert on staff for customer audits.
The IPC-A-610 standard is a widely-used international standard for the inspection of printed circuit boards. It is THE source for end-product acceptance criteria from toys to military hardware. The training program, whose goal it is to teach the use of the standard, can be employed by a variety of companies.
IPC-A-610 CIT training provides expanded information and materials to prepare individuals to deliver IPC-A-610 CIS training. Quality Supervisors, in-house solder trainers and incoming inspection personnel are excellent candidates for instructor training, as are engineering and manufacturing supervisors.
Certification in this industry-traceable program demonstrates your commitment to continuous improvement of product quality and reliability. Both the CIT and CIS programs provide individuals with a portable credential that represents their understanding of IPC-A-610.
IPC-A-610 CIT training prepares the instructor to teach all of the IPC-A-610 CIS modules. They are listed below by topical area:
- Purpose and application of IPC-A-610
- Hardware installation
- Swaged hardware, and heatsink requirements of mechanical assemblies
- Soldering criteria, including lead-free connections
- Surface mounting criteria for chip components, leadless and leaded chip carriers
- Component mounting criteria for DIPS, socket pins and card edge connectors
- Jumper wire assembly requirements
- Solder fillet dimensional criteria for all major SMT component groups
- Soldering, such as tombstoning, dewetting, voiding and more
- Criteria for component damage, laminate conditions, cleaning and coating
- Soldered connection requirements for plated-through holes
- Soldered connection requirements for connecting to terminals
IPC-A-610 CIT training from BEST can be taught at one of our training centers, in our fully-equipped mobile training center or on site at one of your locations